Thursday, July 31, 2008

social action/political change

I’m starting small.
One step in the right direction.
Maybe one or two, just to get me going.
I’m starting small.
Like the first fist of snow for a snowball.
Just enough to get it rolling.
Growing.
Something to get me moving.
Just enough to get the momentum started.

A word here.
An e-mail there.
A donation when I can.
Connecting when ideas are good, even though far from perfect.
Finally I see the dreams and ideas changing,
……..morphing,
………………………growing in the smallest ways into actions and movement.

I hope you do something too.
Anything to get you going in the right direction.
And please remind me that you did.
Sometimes I need the nudge.
Most times really…
b/c though my dreams are worlds through and life-changing.
I’m starting off small.

A step in the right direction.
Maybe two or three just do get me going.
Like the first fist of snow for a snowball
Just enough to get it rolling.
Growing.
Something to get me moving.
Just enough to get the momentum started.