Friday, May 14, 2010

The file to remind me why...

I’m looking at my “happy file” and I don’t know how to clear my head. I haven’t put a single thing in it since I started working here. I think to myself that there have been good moments. Times when I know I have touched someone for the better. Small victories. But each one is tainted. Something was taken from it. A break through with a young mom a week before I was moved and replaced by a teacher who doesn’t know or care what it means to be a social worker. A good clinical conversation with a women with an unwanted pregnancy who proceeds to have everyone else here telling her what she should do and/or taking calls in the middle of the night to rescue her from herself… running a project well for two years to have it undermined by people who’ll just use it for their own gain… it’s all a mess. My personal life is what has kept me going. My husband. My son. But how long. How long can they be my only source of satisfaction? ???? Did remind me though, that I am not alone. Other’s knew I would feel this way before, even before I did. So, to them I say thank you. Thank you for believing in yourselves and me.