My life is beautiful!
I sometimes forget.
I get caught in late night memories of things I can't forget.
I see old friends and know they'll never be my friends again.
My job seems more confining each year I fail to return to school... when fate conspires to keep me out, and from my dreams it seems.
I am lonely when I have to fight for the friends I know I have. to keep my family intact.
and wonder whether to walk away from the other family I've never had.
when the things i say don't seem to make a difference, even to myself.
when the whirlwind ends, maybe never to return, and I am left celebrating everyone else's.
when money's tight and we have the things we thought we wanted...
but there's still nowhere to sit in the living room, or downstairs.
years mean different things than they ever did before
when I find I feel old in the midst of my youth.
when i must convince myself that what i am is still mine. and mine still
when we bore ourselves (and we never thought we would)
But the story's not over, not over, not over
The stories aren't over, aren't over, aren't over
we have many more to build.
and I can forge them any way i dream, if only the world will let me
but it will, it will, it will
this buildings empty still, but it will fill, will fill, will fill
my life is beautiful.
If only, and only if
i believe it is.