Wednesday, November 3, 2010
we celebrated halloween in a house
we celebrated halloween in a house. with pictures on the wall and cushions on the couch. pumpkins on the porch and toys in bins and the baby's bed just his size next to his bright climb in red wooden train engine. with fruit on the table and books on the shelves and laundry hanging in the laundry room. I'll miss the vine covered windows, the fenced back yard, the wooden floors, bright curtains, the shed and weeping willow tree. I'll miss the old part of town walks down the street, friendly neighbors at the park. colors of fall. Dear home, first home, last home for a while. I'm hugging you, trying to imprint you in my memory. capture the love and serenity... we filled and felt and fueled between your walls. we wanted to settle in you, planned to settle down for a while... but then Tyler Texas called. we'll go, and be together, and let our hair curl in the humidity, and catch a southern drawl. but house, little house that I love. I'll never forget that we celebrated halloween in a home.